Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Information (under review) » Reviews » Consumables

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: AllBed
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:53 pm 

http://www.allbed.ie/

I get mine from a supplier who sourced it for me, but a quick check of the stockists list shows quite a few places that stock allbed. I decided to try AllBed as I wanted something easier to clean up from my carpet after clean out (Was using cardboard squares before hand)

Pro's
Absorbant
Soft
Easy to hoover up off carpet
Dust free

Cons
Light coloured- Poo seemed to stand out more than it does on cardboardt (This is purely aesthetic)
Lighter so can be thrown about more
Doesn't seem to be as much per bale compared with card squares (My bale is about half gone after two lots of clean out)

Todays clean out was my first with the new substrate. I found that the litter had no smell in my girls cage, And I was able to remove the dirty corner and add fresh, so a full cleanout wasn't needed

My boys had a urine smell to their allbed so it was all removed. It did however look dry, normally with the card it is quite wet looking in the main corner they use for toilet (They still go all over) so this was an improvment.

I give allbed 7/10

Owned by: Dexter (dog) Ozzy, Loki and Marceline (Cats) Dylan and Darcy (Rabbits) Halo + Tony (Syrian hamsters) Snufkin (Winter White hamster) Toffle (Roborovski) Firefly (Leopard Gecko) Launch and Rocket (Chipmunks) Rebecca (Ribbed Newt) Neo (Cockatiel)

Post subject: Re: AllBed
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 am 

I too use AllBed, as my supplier (who, unless very much am mistaken, is the same as the OP's :lol: ) couldn't get hold of aubiose for me. I've been using it for a couple of months now.

Pros:
Can leave 2 weeks (sometimes more) between substrate changes
Much easier to hoover up than card squares
Holds urine smell really well
Retains it's shape so the top stays dry.

Cons:
My second bale smelled very strongly of citronella when i first opened it. it was fine after a couple of days in the cage though, and no rats showed any ill effects, so maybe i was being a bit sensitive that day!
Is a bit too 'spiky' for putting mums and litters on - so still need to store card bale too.

I would give it 8/10

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Information (under review) » Reviews » Consumables