oh Norey... (something respy)

Discussions relating to all aspects of a rat's health and physique
Helzie
Admin Aide

Re: oh Norey... *ETA pneumonia*

Post by Helzie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:33 pm

Glad she's keeping her strength up. Hope she pulls through. :luck:
Fastnet, Tyne, Humber.

Sailing By: Cromarty ol' curmudgeon Fitzroy O Captain, my Captain Malin bonkers boy Lundy Dear old chap Hebridy handsome beast Thames anxious hamster Faeroe little spark Portland big heart Rockall Rock Star Forties Count on you Viking little marauder Bailey cuddlemonster

Ratilicious

Post by Ratilicious » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:40 am

I just wanted to wish Norey a speedy recovery. :luck:
Love Is...A Rat

snais

Post by snais » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 am

Poor Norey, glad she seems brighter though. Gentle scritches to her and hugs to you :love:
Sarah
Mum to Quicksilver Gyre & Black Dumbo Gimble
RIP my beautiful boys Dylan, Domino, Dexter, Titus, Pike, Io and Pan
& past girls: Noodle, Pax and Pinky

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks for the well-wishes! I'm not actually sure what this is. Yes she's stashing still, but so was dridh until she got her ear infection. She keeps bruxing, but I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way yet. And she's very cold - right now she's down my top and hopefully I'm warming her up, but she's making me shiver! I'm not sure if her hair poofyness is pain or because she's cold (or both), but she's smoother now having been down my top than before. Her breathing is super-awful and her sides are pinched. But despite all that, but she's still active (even though she was having difficulty walking last night) and alert... The vet we saw was the owner of the practice, and not one I've personally had a consult with before. Taking her in tomorrow morning anyway, but hmmmmmmmmmm.

eta - I've actually just pur her back in the fop because she wanted to go and explore the floor XD None of this sitting in one place stuff that Lir and dridh had with their pneumonia.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Helzie
Admin Aide

Post by Helzie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Poor little lady. Hope tomorrow gives you more information on how to help.
Fastnet, Tyne, Humber.

Sailing By: Cromarty ol' curmudgeon Fitzroy O Captain, my Captain Malin bonkers boy Lundy Dear old chap Hebridy handsome beast Thames anxious hamster Faeroe little spark Portland big heart Rockall Rock Star Forties Count on you Viking little marauder Bailey cuddlemonster

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Can you use heart meds with NSAIDs? [eta - actually, memory, Pike was on both...] I'm still not unconvinced that it's her heart on top of a resp. infection/ whatever's up with a maybe uti again. She's not any better than on Tuesday/ Wednesday, but nor is she any worse. The problem is that you can't *hear* her heart. Her (normalish) movement is in short bursts, between which she pauses to recover. Her slightly wobbly movement could be related to either breathing/ oxygen availability, or lack of food (or some crazy mixture).
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

velvet_nothing

Post by velvet_nothing » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 pm

I don't have much helpful to say, but I do hope she perks up soon :hearts:

I think my Hamilton had pneumonia (twice), but he picked up quite quickly with just a strong course of Baytril. He was very cold and poofy too, but once treated it didn't last long. Scritches to Norey.

Oh, and I *think* heart meds and NSAIDs are okay together. Can't see why they wouldn't be.
Mischa and the girls: Crunchie & Urban.
Always missing: Vince, Greg, Manuka, Benny, Oggy, Eggnog, Parsnip, Steve, Merlot, Catkin, Raphael, Marmalade, Hamilton, Tebay, Ruairi, Flossy, Zuri, Hazel, Pepper, Bella, White Fang, Bluebell & Ana.

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Good vet isn't in till Monday. Boo.
Will see what happens overnight I guess. I'm liking the positivity though, heh, thanks :)

debzratties

Post by debzratties » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Daisy was on both heart meds and Metacam at the same time so i'd imagine they'd be fine together, come to think
of it she was actually on them longish term as in a few mths without any ill effects. Have you tried her with warmed
up fluids? as that might help up her temp a bit, it's certainly worked on some of mine in the past.

I don't suppose there's any way your vet would agree to try Draaxin? I know Neo suggested that when Daisy was onto
her 3rd round of Pneumonia but our vet wouldn't consider using it :(
Keeping everything crossed that Norey carries on fighting, and doing those silly things :hearts:

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:14 pm

I could probably get Draxxin out of Laura if needs be. dridh had it (from Steve-who-annoyingly-left) and responded to it. But Norey didn't respond to Zithro, so until now, it wasn't being considered as she wasn't bad enough and was responding to other things anyway. Can you do Draxxin and Tribrissen together? She definitely needs the latter. Yes please Norey with the everything breaking at once thing...

She doesn't look as if she's about to drop dead any second, so I'm actually feeling positive in that regard at the minute. Just no idea of the cause, so no idea if I'm actually helping etc. worry. If that makes sense?

I will try warmed fluids, cheers Debz.

debzratties

Post by debzratties » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:22 pm

I think the fact that she's still soldiering on and not at deaths door a few days post Pneumonia diagnosis is a good sign
in itself :hearts:

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Complan hot chocolate with added coconut. She had some off the soon, and then I put some in a bowl and she seemed dissinterested (had a few licks). So I put them in the bottle, showed her it was there and she went "meh" at me and went to sit in a corner. 5mins later she's attacking the water bottle (although it's Larka's turn now) :D

neotoma

Post by neotoma » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:33 am

I know of no reason why you can't use draxxin and septrin type stuff together, but you'd need to double check with the vet.

Heart meds and metacam - I'm cautious because it was the combination toby was on when he died. The risk is that ace inhibitors improve the blood flow, therefore they deliver the metacam to the kidneys more effectively. I'd do them both if they are both needed, but not if they can be avoided.

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Mostly smooth coated today, and much quieter...
And neither Muskrat nor BatRats nor myself think it's pneumonia :lol: Dunno what it is however.

velvet_nothing

Post by velvet_nothing » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Yay! Go Norey! :)
Mischa and the girls: Crunchie & Urban.
Always missing: Vince, Greg, Manuka, Benny, Oggy, Eggnog, Parsnip, Steve, Merlot, Catkin, Raphael, Marmalade, Hamilton, Tebay, Ruairi, Flossy, Zuri, Hazel, Pepper, Bella, White Fang, Bluebell & Ana.

Return to “Health”