Why are tumors like buses?

Discussions relating to all aspects of a rat's health and physique
Purepsycho

Why are tumors like buses?

Post by Purepsycho » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:29 am

Not had any for a good 6 months (yay!) and now we've had 3 pop up within the last couple of weeks.

Winters already been in and had hers off last week shes done really well and was pinging in the hospital cage a few hours after we bought her home and its healing nicely :)

Boo and Agnes are booked in to go for theirs on Tuesday.

I'm always really worried when it comes to ops as we've had a couple go under anesthetic but with Boo we are especially worried.
She has myco and very bad breathing. Normally we wouldn't even consider putting her under for an op but her tumor has come up really fast and has got massive sooo quickly. It had almost doubled in size from when we first noticed it and getting her into the vets a couple of days later.
After talking it through the OH and I decided that we will give the op a go as this tumor is so aggressive it is going to consume her very very quickly anyway so despite her breathing issues we want to try and give her a chance.
If she doesn't make it then she will have gone under anesthetic without suffering, we'd have to take her in to be PTS in the very near future if she doesn't go for the op so we figured we may as well give her a chance :(

We're hoping she will pull through this, we almost lost her when her resp issue got the better of her one night but shes battled through, shes a little fighter.
Shelley; DW Fozzy Joker Badger Tricky Baileys Jack Billy Roland Sirius Orion Perseus Sorrel Teasel Ash & Rowan. The girls: Minuit Rosie Pippin Tog Pogle & Fenn - And all my many many loved furries at the bridge, never forgotten in our hearts xx

Purepsycho

Re: Why are tumors like buses?

Post by Purepsycho » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:51 am

Our Booboo

Agnes in the middle

And Winter :)

Shelley; DW Fozzy Joker Badger Tricky Baileys Jack Billy Roland Sirius Orion Perseus Sorrel Teasel Ash & Rowan. The girls: Minuit Rosie Pippin Tog Pogle & Fenn - And all my many many loved furries at the bridge, never forgotten in our hearts xx

nmt100

Post by nmt100 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 am

I don't know but we had one on last week and then I found a lump on poppy on friday :(. I hate mammary tumours!
The rats: Willow, Cissi, Bella and Digit. The gerbils: Clara and Oswin
Not forgettting those at the bridge - play hard and run free :rattyrainbow:

Purepsycho

Post by Purepsycho » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 am

I'm very very relieved to say both Boo and Agnes sailed through their ops today and are snuggled up together tonight.
Now I just need to hope they leave their stitches alone!! :)
:love:

Mulberry Jane

Post by Mulberry Jane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 am

phew.
Hope they're soon back to normal. It's such a worry when they need ops.
Jane @ Mulberry Rats ... and Mulberry kittens too.

http://www.mulberryrats.com

purple_vixen

Post by purple_vixen » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Hope Boo and Agnes are healing nicely :) I tend to get clusters of mammary tumours, too - but usually in related older sisters, which seems to make sense.

Vix.
'There's more to life than books, you know. But not much more.' - The Smiths, 'Handsome Devil'.

Animal Pics * Pixel Juice the LoLRat * Twitter

Return to “Health”