2am, inner ear bleed - help?

Discussions relating to all aspects of a rat's health and physique
Miss Aislin

Re: 2am, inner ear bleed - help?

Post by Miss Aislin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:55 am

Well, unbelievably Sugar seems 100% fine now! There's no wobbliness, tilting or confusion to indicate a neurological nasty, her wince has gone (pain related maybe?), she's eating drinking toileting climbing and playing as normal. I'm leaning towards the blood clotting disorder - a tiny nick or bump that any other rat would have brushed off that caused her to bleed and bleed and bleed. I'm going to keep her isolated for the rest of the day, trim everybody's nails tonight to avoid accidental scratches and add an extra hammock (the cage IS safe I promise, but an extra one near the floor won't hurt, will avoid little falls hopefully!) and treat her as though she does have the British Blue issue.

Sugar this morning:

Thank you for your help everybody xx
Mummy to: Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured, Sugar Coated Accident, Violet Hill and Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin.
RIP to the many at the bridge xx

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm

So glad Sugar is doing great :dumbogirly:

Well done Sugar looks like you're a quick healer. Now no more scaring your mummy human hearts aren't meant to beat as fast as yours ;)
Merlin, Prince Arthur, Sir Percival, Mordred, Sir Kay & Albion

Nicky
Admin Aide

Post by Nicky » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm

wow what fabulous news :D
Cats Steffi Mac
:love: Zulu Pixie Candy Topsy Storm Mercury Dante Gabriel Mitchell Ruairí ;)
:rattyrainbow: Forever in my heart (click) :cry:

Miss Aislin

Post by Miss Aislin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Nicky wrote:wow what fabulous news :D
It is, I was really expecting the worst, especially when she went all limp and quiet on the way to the vets but that was probably just the blood loss :/

I also have to say I REALLY love my vets (Holly House), not only did they take brilliant care of her and give her lots of treats, they scrubbed her carrier and washed her bed too!
Mummy to: Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured, Sugar Coated Accident, Violet Hill and Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin.
RIP to the many at the bridge xx

Anathema

Post by Anathema » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Have only just seen your update about Sugar :oops: so pleased she is doing so well. Lovely picture of her :hearts:
From Kristy, Humphrey, Arthur, and Arnie x
And gone but never forgotten: Henry, Harvey, Leo, Archie, Marty, Lewis, Baz, Frodo, Sam, George, Murphy, Bertie, Molly, Izzy, Ibby, Milly, Ralph, Ernie, Marley, Milo, Pearl, Opal, Amber, Jet, Jack, Charlie, Ned and Harry Old forum member (Kristy)

Return to “Health”