Eye colour change..

Discussions relating to all aspects of a rat's health and physique
Catz

Eye colour change..

Post by Catz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey guys
One of my boys Di Vinci was born in my home due to a pet shop miss sexing my first pair of rats. He has always had pink eyes just like his parents and siblings. He is just over a year old and recently one of his eyes has turned black. I do not know how this happened and it seems like he just woke up one morning with odd eyes.
There is nothing wrong with the eye, no crust or swelling or anything to suggest something medically is off and his behaviour is still the exact same. I am just curious to know what could of changed the color? Any ideas?
*Ratless*
Rip Socrates, Cai, Loki, Eli, Newton, Sheldon, Sol, Riloh, Di Vinci, Pip, Squeek and Joey
1 German Shepherd (Rio) and 1 Glen of Imaal Terrier (Archer) and 1 ferret (Toki Wartooth) and 1 cat (Ike Crowly)

acapae_wolf

Re: Eye colour change..

Post by acapae_wolf » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:32 am

Sounds like he's got a blood leak in one. I'd get him to the vet in the next couple of days for a checkup.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Catz

Re: Eye colour change..

Post by Catz » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:43 am

Oh dear.. ok I'll get him down to the vets! What could a vet do about this?
*Ratless*
Rip Socrates, Cai, Loki, Eli, Newton, Sheldon, Sol, Riloh, Di Vinci, Pip, Squeek and Joey
1 German Shepherd (Rio) and 1 Glen of Imaal Terrier (Archer) and 1 ferret (Toki Wartooth) and 1 cat (Ike Crowly)

Return to “Health”