Rattie bites me!

Discussions relating to all aspects of rat behaviour, training, companionship, and introductions.
leavana0215

Rattie bites me!

Post by leavana0215 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi guys,

So I was trying to just be friendly with my rats, and i lifted up the cage door, rouge bit me, i squeaked (what i have read to do) she made me bleed, i put a plaster on it and went to stroke the other two and out of no where rouge came up to my index finger with the plaster on and bit me HARDER... I never NEVER treated her badly, always speaked at her instead of shout, never hit her and now she has started biting me?!
CONFUSED.COM

Note: title changed from being completely in capitals - capitals should be reserved for emphasis only.

leavana0215

Re: RATTIE ROGUE BITES ME!

Post by leavana0215 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:05 pm

ALSO its my left index finger she bites, no others and there is absoulty no way there is any sent of food on there.

squeakrat

Re: Rattie bites me!

Post by squeakrat » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:26 pm

OK, so from your other post, she is also being aggressive with the other rats when defending food. Have you noticed her attacking the other rats unprovoked when it doesn't look like food is involved?

I am wondering whether she is a bit hormonal, and an unprovoked attack on you, if you think there was no reason for her to do so, would also indicate this. If this is the case, getting her spayed could completely change her behaviour.

The alternative is that she is very territorial, and is guarding food from the others and defending the cage against invaders (unfortunately your hand!). I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had any experience of cage territorial does and whether spaying helped?
Jenny x
:girly: Elfine :dumbogirly: Ada
:rattyrainbow: Scout, Daisy, Meg, Lola, Ruby, Chick, Hope, Pocket, Belle, Dory, Silvermist, Poppy, Tarka, Jasmine, Flora, Penny, Lyra, Cassandra, Luna, Wren, Merryweather, Harper, Izzy, Tigger, Squeak, Bandit, Vandal :rattyrainbow:

leavana0215

Post by leavana0215 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:26 am

I have had to take rogye back to 'Pets at Home' she was becoming more and more vilont to the other two, enough to cause blood shed to both me and Snow, her tail is OK, just a bit torn up. Its no good me having her in there when she is being like that. I hated to see her go (because I loved her so much) but with hording food and the others squeaks turning into screams I cant be having that, the other two are more settled now that rogue is not in there.
Thanks for all your help :)

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:34 am

That's a shame, she's unlikely to get the help she needs now - maybe you could pass the advice to spay her on to the shop just in case.

Nicky
Admin Aide

Post by Nicky » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:42 pm

I hope that the store does give her a chance at rehoming :(
Cats Steffi Mac
:love: Zulu Pixie Candy Topsy Storm Mercury Dante Gabriel Mitchell Ruairí ;)
:rattyrainbow: Forever in my heart (click) :cry:

Return to “Behaviour”