Abode vs Critter Nation single. What's your view please?

Discussions relating to the housing, environment, free ranging and enrichment of rats.

Abode single vs Critter Nation single

Abode Single.
60%
Critter Nation Single.
40%

Total votes: 5

Charlote

Abode vs Critter Nation single. What's your view please?

Post by Charlote » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:01 am

Hi everyone! :)

Me & my OH will soon be adopting 2 wonderful males rats, which we're going to call Reg & Brian! :love:

But we're torn between these 2 cages, the Abode single & the Critter Nation single. Obviously there is quite a difference between them price wise, but other than that what is your honest opinion please? :) x
We're now the proud owners of 2 wonderful dumbo ratties, Dennis & Reg :love: Plus our beautiful 7 year old Birman, Teddy, aka the boss! :lol:

neotoma

Re: Abode vs Critter Nation single. What's your view please?

Post by neotoma » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:22 am

I don't think there is much to choose between them (although I didn't know you got the critter nation single in the UK)

The main difference will be the doors - the CN has a fully opening front so access will be easer, while the abode is aviary style. Personally I prefer and own the aviary style cages as there is more scope for coplex layouts when you can fix things to some of the front panel, but it is down to personal preference.

fuschia

Post by fuschia » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Is a Critter Nation single like half an Explorer or SRS then?
No more ratties
Dogs - Ollie & Mimi :hearts:

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 pm

fuschia wrote:Is a Critter Nation single like half an Explorer or SRS then?
Yep. The CN is basically the FN (ferret nation, American original that the explorer and SRS copied) with narrower horizontal bars.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

fuschia

Post by fuschia » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:48 pm

I know what I'll vote for then! I liked my Abode when I had one, but I've not had anything that compares to a SRS :D
No more ratties

Jillybean

Post by Jillybean » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi there....I love my Abode. It is a fantastic cage for the money. it is sturdy, strong, spacious and looks very smart. Mine is years and years old and still looks smart as paint. Most cages need reviving after a while but the Abode lasts and lasts.....I would recommend a metal tray though, mine is stainless steel and is fabulous ! The access is good too but....if the Critter Nation has a larger door for better access, then I`d give it a lot of thought.

Does the CN have a metal tray ? If it does, then I`d go for that one. Have you looked at the Aurora ? It is a nice all metal cage with good access and space. :D
:hearts: Sam, Millie, Cassie, Florence, Dudley, Mumfie. :hearts:

Charlote

Post by Charlote » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Thank you all for the advice so far. There's deffinately a lot to think about! :shock: lol.

I've also just found this Aventura cage http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Metal-Ave ... 460b71e9f3 It say's it comes with metal trays, even though they are still very shallow, but it does seem quite nice. What do you think please? :)
We're now the proud owners of 2 wonderful dumbo ratties, Dennis & Reg :love: Plus our beautiful 7 year old Birman, Teddy, aka the boss! :lol:

fuschia

Post by fuschia » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Here's a link to a thread discussing the Aventura, if you hunt about you'll probably find some more info too. Don't forget to check out the 'show your set up' section aswell ;)
No more ratties

Charlote

Post by Charlote » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:23 pm

fuschia wrote:Here's a link to a thread discussing the Aventura, if you hunt about you'll probably find some more info too. Don't forget to check out the 'show your set up' section aswell ;)

Thank you! :dumbo:

Jillybean

Post by Jillybean » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I think that would be a good cage !! :D
:hearts: Sam, Millie, Cassie, Florence, Dudley, Mumfie. :hearts:

Charlote

Post by Charlote » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Well, after measuring the Aventura i think we'll give that one a miss! Otherwise it'll be a one bedroom bungalow for the rats & a garden shed for us 2! :shock:

After doing a bit more research i think the Critter Nattion is winning atm! :D

Return to “Habitat”