Water bottles

Discussions relating to the housing, environment, free ranging and enrichment of rats.
Robert_92

Water bottles

Post by Robert_92 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Ok I have 2 water bottles in the cage as the previous was was plastic and leaked come with my old cage the ones i using now are these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-World-Pl ... ter+bottle
I got the 355ml and 177ml versions but I'am finding they keep getting blocked and having to fight with the bottle to start letting the water to come out for the rats any suggestions
Snow - Ellie - Coco - Fudge - Cookie - Biscuit - Daisy - Pogo - Mystic

squeakrat

Re: Water bottles

Post by squeakrat » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:50 pm

I just use the Classic ones - not sure if this is the brand, but it seems to be from looking at mine. I've only ever once had one "fail" and leak water all over the cage, and never had any problems with them blocking.
Jenny x
:girly: Meg, Scout :dumbogirly: Daisy
:rattyrainbow: Lola, Ruby, Chick, Hope, Pocket, Belle, Dory, Silvermist, Poppy, Tarka, Jasmine, Flora, Penny, Lyra, Cassandra, Luna, Wren, Merryweather, Harper, Izzy, Tigger, Squeak, Bandit, Vandal :rattyrainbow:

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Another vote for the Classic brand bottles; I've only ever used them and never had any issues with leaking or blocking. Granted, I've only had about half a dozen bottles, but they seem pretty reliable. And you can get them in blue, yellow, or red if you want colour co-ordination. :D
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn, Din, and Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth).
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix) the big dope, Xeltan, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

Mayamy
Admin Aide

Post by Mayamy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 pm

I just use the "Classic" plastic ones too - especially for Dr Squiggles water as I tend to want to replace the spout on those more often!

That said, I do like having a small bowl with water in if possible too as I once found a water bottle not working as my girls had managed to somehow flick a piece of buckwheat up the spout :lol:
Amy - with Pixel, Dora, Ren, Vex, Nova & Tali

Jillybean

Post by Jillybean » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Yes...another vote for the classic from me too !!! I don`t use anything else. :D
:hearts: Sam, Millie, Cassie, Florence, Dudley, Mumfie. :hearts:

Robert_92

Post by Robert_92 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 pm

ok will look into the classic reason i went with glass ones comes with due ball bearings and was 100% leak prof and it is :D but gets block well i say blocked some times it just does not dispense water the ball bearings get stuck :(
Snow - Ellie - Coco - Fudge - Cookie - Biscuit - Daisy - Pogo - Mystic

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I think Rhian uses glass ones, but I'm not sure which brand off the top of my head.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

hannahbear

Post by hannahbear » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:20 pm

I use a glass bottle... it's the Kaytee one. I can't find it on the p@h website (where I got it from) but it's the one with the little duck in :roll:
Hannah;
Samson, Ralph, Kit, Jeffrey, Benny and Sherlock :hearts:
Fluke, my gorgeous pooch!
:halo: Rory

amy104

Post by amy104 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 pm

My glass ones kept getting stuck, so I went back to classic ones.
Slave to a gorgeous little mischief: Remy, Mr Jingles, Templeton, Fievel, Milo, Spartacus, Crixus, Basil, Frisby, Mocha, Latte & Expresso.

Rootigger

Post by Rootigger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 pm

I've got a Hagen Living World glass bottle (it has a little carrot inside) and have never had any issues (but don't use it for squiggles). I think my girls actually prefer it to the other plastic Classic ones I've got (which I've never had a problem with either).
Owned by Merryn,Bee, Timber, Mouse & Wren
34 loved and lost
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart - A.A. Milne

Tefhead01

Post by Tefhead01 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:57 pm

I just got one of the Living World glass ones as the plastic one got a hole in it ("nothing to do with us mum, honest") and they flooded the cage, doh! Xx

Return to “Habitat”