What colour is this rattie?

Discussions and questions about genetics, what variety a rat is and such like.
RattieLover32

What colour is this rattie?

Post by RattieLover32 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:41 am

One of my rats had a litter and there is a really odd coloured rat in there. I think it might be blue but it seems to have a hint of light brown so I have no idea! It's colour is nothing like its mum (agouti hooded) or dad (BEW with a few black spots) and none of her siblings have the same colour. Does anyone know the colour of this rat?

Here a link to a picture of the rat: http://s304.photobucket.com/user/rewood ... f.jpg.html

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: What colour is this rattie?

Post by cyber ratty » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:47 am

It could be a british blue agouti.

Jemma
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Jemma » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Do you know much of the previous generations of the parents? I agree it could be british blue agouti, but it could also be a pale russian blue agouti, it can be hard to tell before thy get there adult moult through

RattieLover32

Post by RattieLover32 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:08 am

Jemma wrote:Do you know much of the previous generations of the parents? I agree it could be british blue agouti, but it could also be a pale russian blue agouti, it can be hard to tell before thy get there adult moult through
Unfortunately I don't as I bought the mum pregnant :? I've asked the previous owner but she hasn't replied yet. All I know is that mum is an agouti good with her parents being an agouti hood and a spotty and that the dad is a spotty. I've also asked the previous owner to clarify what colour the father is because in my rats litter there is a spotty rat but the spots are the same colour as the wedge blaze that I've shown you

Return to “Varieties and genetics”