Rescue rehoming / sign over form sample

A place to talk about the issues that relate to rescues and rescuing, such as quarantine, rehabilitating damaged rats and such like.
HereticPr1me

Rescue rehoming / sign over form sample

Post by HereticPr1me » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:42 am

Ive taken a few rats off gumtree, but Ive never had anyone actually "sign them over" to me.
A recent dog rescue got me thinking that maybe I should, especially if claiming to be a private rescue.

Can any rescuers PM me a sample of a sign-over form that I can adapt for use when taking rats from gumtree ?
Its just the wording Im after and what the agreement is between parties.
Or is this just unnecessary ?
Doug, witless provider to :
Ratties :smile: ex-lab boys Boxer and Spot and :girly: old girl Jess.
Budgies Freyja and Haiku.
:rattyrainbow: 42 storytellers loved and lost, most recently : Washburn :rattyrainbow:

Caza66

Re: Rescue rehoming / sign over form sample

Post by Caza66 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Sorry I can't help you with a form but I suppose it would be a good thing to save any back lash, if anybody asked for their pet back. It would also depend on the people giving up the pet, they might not want to complete a form. When I helped rescue birds of prey we filled a form out for rescues and asked the people who had made the call or held the bird to complete but any they refused then we would complete the form as much as possible with an addition to say not signed etc.
Officially ratless. Groot, Star-lord, Yondu adopted by another rat lover.
:rattyrainbow: To all those who have filled my heart, have fun at the bridge.

HereticPr1me

Post by HereticPr1me » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Interesting, thank you. Fair point, people might be uncomfortable with the "officialness" of it.
:rattyrainbow: 42 storytellers loved and lost, most recently : Washburn :rattyrainbow:

RedFraggle

Post by RedFraggle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:32 pm

The forms aren't legally binding anyway. My best friend runs a rabbit rescue and she does have forms but they're very loosely just to demonstrate how she came by the rabbits and have no legal standing other than demonstrating you've not stolen the animal. I would imagine keeping screenshot evidence of the ad and any correspondence would serve the same purpose.
Slave to: Rescue boys Howard, Archie Broadstripe, Ray Shortstripe, Norman Wonkystripe, Albert, Bisley and Walter
Too many on the bridge to list.

starstar

Post by starstar » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:23 am

I kept and printed out the advert for Millie & Milo (ferrets) with the original owners details. The fish I took on I kept a diary when they arrived, treatments etc and the original owners details.
Ferret mum to..
Millie, Eddie, Riffraff & Fizzgig, Baloo, Dillon, Rupert, Pookie, Rosie, Buck, Kira, Louis and Lilly "Of the Clan Macphearson"
Dearly departed Mario and Taz, Luigi and Loki x forever in our hearts ratty babies x
Departed Ferret babies: Milo & Sam

HereticPr1me

Post by HereticPr1me » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:42 am

Nice one, that seems like the best way to go then, proof they were rehoming without making people sign stuff.
I'll stick to that then I think,
Thanks folks :)

amy104

Post by amy104 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Anyone had a situation where the person wishing to surrender the rats is only 14. Do you insist the parents are there at time of surrender?
Slave to a gorgeous little mischief: Remy, Mr Jingles, Templeton, Fievel, Milo, Spartacus, Crixus, Basil, Frisby, Mocha, Latte & Expresso.

Rhian33
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Rhian33 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:33 pm

amy104 wrote:Anyone had a situation where the person wishing to surrender the rats is only 14. Do you insist the parents are there at time of surrender?
200% yes. You don't want to put yourself in the position of being alone with a minor for a start as they could accuse you of all sorts. Secondly in the eyes of the law the rats belong to their parents as they are legally too young to own the pet. The parents really should be the ones handing over the animals.
Angharad, Barb, Bella, Carys, Demerara, Ida, Nancy, Sasha, Sinead, Siobhan, Spice, Sugar, Veronica :smileyrat:
53 gone but not forgotten :rainbow:

HereticPr1me

Post by HereticPr1me » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:41 pm

Blimey I never even considered that !
Excellent point.

amy104

Post by amy104 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 pm

200% yes. You don't want to put yourself in the position of being alone with a minor for a start as they could accuse you of all sorts. Secondly in the eyes of the law the rats belong to their parents as they are legally too young to own the pet. The parents really should be the ones handing over the animals.
I never go alone anyway for personal safety I take hubby, but this was my thoughts as I was always under the impression that you had to be a certain age to be legally responsible for an animal. The parents were threatening to release the rats into the wild if not collected this week so hopefully they'll agree as they will be glad to get rid of them.
Slave to a gorgeous little mischief: Remy, Mr Jingles, Templeton, Fievel, Milo, Spartacus, Crixus, Basil, Frisby, Mocha, Latte & Expresso.

HereticPr1me

Post by HereticPr1me » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Oh, you have a rescue in progress Amy ?
Good luck :luck:

starstar

Post by starstar » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:46 pm

By law no children are allowed to own any animal. I was in a difficult situation a couple of years ago when a young boy (approx 10 years old) was at my door with two fish in a leaking freezer bag. I had to ask him to go and get one of his parents to come and let me know it was ok for me to take the fish. Luckily they did. Then a couple of months later a child I knew turned up with two oscars in a bucket, I had no choice but to take the fish immediately as they were dying :(.
Ferret mum to..
Millie, Eddie, Riffraff & Fizzgig, Baloo, Dillon, Rupert, Pookie, Rosie, Buck, Kira, Louis and Lilly "Of the Clan Macphearson"
Dearly departed Mario and Taz, Luigi and Loki x forever in our hearts ratty babies x
Departed Ferret babies: Milo & Sam

amy104

Post by amy104 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:39 pm

Yes, sorry to of hijacked your thread, this is the first time taken some in of my own accord so this thread jumped out at me as I think its a good question.

HereticPr1me

Post by HereticPr1me » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Not at all Amy, my op has been answered anyway anyway.
Keep us updated on how it goes :)

Return to “Rescue care”