Foster homes offered in the South East of England and London

Posts offering foster care
Fancy Rats Admin
Fancy Rats Team

Foster homes offered in the South East of England and London

Post by Fancy Rats Admin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Please use this thread if you are willing to offer foster care provision in the South East of England or London.

Please see the regional map if you are unsure of your region.
Regards,
Fancy Rats Team

Maestro

Re: Foster homes offered in the South East of England and Lo

Post by Maestro » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:32 pm

My partner and I are happy to take on fosters over the next year or so to help out any local rescues that have run out of space, or cover holidays/hospitalisations/maternity etc, with the added benefit to us of keeping our old man company since his final friend passed away last week.

We can take on male or female, but we only have one cage which houses our lonely and very loving, neutered, old (28months) man, so any fosters would need to be fairly friendly.

We feed kidney-friendly straights (no. 8 from ratrations), regular calcivet and Dr Squig, we use finacard substrate. The cage is currently set up for oldies (low levels etc), but this could be adapted to suit the needs of young uns if necessary.

We are in South East London, but can travel within the city to collect if you can't deliver.

alijane

Post by alijane » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:51 am

I can usually find room for a couple more. I am in Farnham, near Guildford.

Ms Peanut Butter

Post by Ms Peanut Butter » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I live 20 minutes away from Brighton and 3 cages spare for fostering. One suitable for a pregnant doe and two others large enough to house 5 or 6 rats each.

I have experience fostering does and bucks and am happy to help if need be.
Rebecca and the boys - Alan, Dave, Mike, Trevor, and Keith
And gone but never to be forgotten - Nigel, Stanley, Colin, Bruce, Archibald, Edmund, Simon, Norman, Howard, Henry, and Cedric xxxxxxxxxx

Formerly known as Myfynwy

sammieanne111

Post by sammieanne111 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 am

Hi, I am on the Border of Surrey and London Selsdon, South Croydon. Also a few minutes away from Warlingham and Whyteleafe.

Most of my Rats are Rescue Rats so I am use to wild, Biting and Skittish Behaviour.
All of them are now loving, Tame and Happy except one I am still trying to tame, thankfully she is getting there :hearts:

I have a couple of cages available and lots of Love to give a rats needing Fostering.

I also have room for oldie's. I have 2 little old Ladies at the moment One is Millie my first ever Rat and Dora came to me after being left alone after her cage buddies all passed away, The reason I mentioned this I am worried that soon One will be left by themselves again, last time Millie was Heartbroken when her pal passed away.....

I can Provide everything needed to look after the Rats.

Samantha :hearts:
"Life is not about how many breathes you take, but about the moments that take your breath away
Rattie Girls Millie, Mischeif & Speedy ❤ Rattie Boys, Bill, Ben Mr and Shady ❤ 4 fancy Mice, 2 Gerbils Jessie the Hamster.... R.I.P ✘✘Mollie&Dora✘✘

Maltey

Post by Maltey » Sat May 05, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm in Sittingbourne, Kent and would love to foster any pregnant ratties/new mums and litters.

I have a nursing cage and everything at home anyway, so you wouldn't need to provide anything for them.
I am also willing to drive for about 2 hours to collect them if your rescue is a bit further afield :)
The Relaxed Rat l Makesphere:My Blog!

♥ Courtney and the ever-growing mischief ♥

vicki_mac

Post by vicki_mac » Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

I am in Suffolk and would happily foster some ratties. Girls, boys or both. Have 2 spare Jenny's and another smaller cage! :D :D

I can drive to collect and I have everything here ready to go! :D
Mum to Jelly, Yoko, Lola, Rosie, Polly and Bella my rattie ladies and Ozzy, Artie, George and Joey my rattie boys!

R.I.P ratties Narla, Rabi, Hector, Poppy, Daisy, Sandy and Badger xxxxxxx

montymel

Post by montymel » Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm in Folkestone Kent and could foster

Cassie1990

Post by Cassie1990 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:11 pm

I am in Southampton and am happy to foster any young/old female or male rats indefinitely :)
My partner and I are huge rat lovers, and currently have 5 bucks between the ages of 9 weeks and 6 months. We feed our own mix of rat food based on the shunamite diet and they get plenty of treats ;)
Please get in contact if you are in need of a rat foster mum & dad and we can chat more.

Thank you :D
Cassie :)

'Ted, Joe, Eli, Bob and Jay - my rattie boys :)'
'Bill, Dexter and Jasper - playing now at the Rainbow Bridge <3'
*Note - extra lines removed to meet the signature guidelines. (Please remove this note once seen, thank you.)*

Tootz

Post by Tootz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 am

I live in Crawley, West Sussex and I am looking to foster 1-2 female rats to keep my old girl company for the rest of her days. I lost one of my dear girls this morning.

LittleRat07

Post by LittleRat07 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:07 pm

I live in Slough, Berkshire and happy to foster. I volunteered at a rescue so used to the different temperaments.
I am happy with young/old, male/female.
I have 1 Jenny Cage with bedding and toys. I also have a very good rat vet nearby and experienced with giving medication.
Currently being controlled by Vali, Berk, Smudge and Jack.

Remembering :rattyrainbow: Lilly, Blossom, Crumble, Custard and Theo :dumborainbow: Wallace and Ash :hearts:

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 pm

I'll be able to foster from Novemberish :) I have an abode cage, lots of toys etc and a good vet nearby.

I also don't currently own any of my own so could be used as a go between if they need quarantining etc :) I'm near Faversham, Kent.
From Rowan, Biscuit & Toast (Ratties) Bagel & Loki (Kitties!) ~Missing all 11 of my past ratlings :(
RatPad Hammocks - Awesome, funky, handmade hammocks starting from £3.50!
RatPads Facebook Page

carravanquelo

Post by carravanquelo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 am

Happy to help by fostering in Streatham, SW16.

We have a Savic Royale and a Freddy 2 full of hammocks and toys. No rats at the moment but we have had 7 girls over the past 3 years.

Return to “Foster homes offered”