How to follow threads

All questions, problems and suggestions about the way the forum works
soulphish

How to follow threads

Post by soulphish » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 pm

Hey, don't mind me. I just wanted to comment so I can follow this thread. I'm currious to see if it works.

Any admins reading, a follow thread button would be awesome. I know I'm new here, so I dont want to be throwing around change requests or anything. Haha :D
Alpha rat to 4 girls:
Noodles, Spaghetti, Cookie, and Sophie

acapae_wolf

Re: Cleaning smelly hammocks (that have been trapped in wate

Post by acapae_wolf » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:43 pm

soulphish wrote:Hey, don't mind me. I just wanted to comment so I can follow this thread. I'm currious to see if it works.

Any admins reading, a follow thread button would be awesome. I know I'm new here, so I dont want to be throwing around change requests or anything. Haha :D
There is a subscribe to topic button (top left of the thread on the red/ black+red skins) which you need to click to follow. You can bookmark a particular thread by clicking a button in the same general area too. Additionally you can also see all the threads for which you've replied to by clicking the "view your posts" button (top right above the thread in the above skins) to take you to this page: http://www.fancyratsforum.co.uk/search. ... =egosearch

However just replying to a thread purely to get updates is seen as a bit of an 'iffy' thing to do on a forum. If everyone just commented on threads to see specific replies to them, the forum would be awash with pointless posts, and actually reading through a thread to find the useful information in question would become a nightmare ;)
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

soulphish

Re: How to follow threads

Post by soulphish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:13 am

Oh my god, I'm blind! Sorry about that!!! I'll keep that in mind next time!

Its awesome that there is a button for this! Thanks for pointing it out!
Alpha rat to 4 girls:

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:25 am

I've never really used any of those functions though, so don't ask me how they *actually* work :lol: I tend to just use the search function instead for when theres something I want to know, if I can't instantly see a thread on the matter.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

soulphish

Post by soulphish » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:32 am

Ya, the search is good. used it a few times already. Nothing worse that a search engine that doesn't work well.
Alpha rat to 4 girls:

Return to “Forum help”