Help with avatar

All questions, problems and suggestions about the way the forum works
Naturenut

Help with avatar

Post by Naturenut » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Really would like an avatar but bit of a :dunce: with IT! Can do dentistry, British sign language and wildlife but this is beyond me....

What is a URL and where can I find it please? Also, is Photobucket free?
Granny to Buttons and Wispa
:teen: :dumboteen:

ElizabethW

Re: Help with avatar

Post by ElizabethW » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:48 pm

I'm embarrassed to say my husband had to do my avatar for me as I'm so bad with that kind of thing ( :oops: ) so in his words:

If you are using a picture already stored on your computer, go to 'Browse' under 'Edit Avatar' and that should allow you to select a picture.
If you are using Photobucket (which is free) you will need to copy and paste the 'web address' (the URL) into the relevant bit of 'Edit Avatar' and go from there.

I hope that makes sense, or maybe someone a bit more technically minded will be able to help you better! :luck:
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

Naturenut

Post by Naturenut » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Got excited as the whirly circle was going round and it seemed to be doing something....then it messaged saying the avatar's filesize needs to be between 0 and 20KiB

Can you help further please? :oops:

ElizabethW

Post by ElizabethW » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 am

We had exactly the same problem but for the life of him hubbie can't recall what he did - he's been sat here trying to remember :roll: :lol:
I know you would need to crop the picture so it's smaller but I'm not sure of more than that. There is some info about halfway down this which might help:
http://www.fancyratsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101

Sorry I can't be of more help :(
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

Naturenut

Post by Naturenut » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:36 am

That's great info to look at - thank you. Will see how I get on tomorrow! :lol:

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 am

I don't know how to resize pictures on photobucket, I use photoshop before uploading the pictures. Does your computer have a similar program you could use (maybe 'Paint')?

Return to “Forum help”