Venturer v srs and similar

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Feolthanos

Venturer v srs and similar

Post by Feolthanos » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Today I got to be up close with the savic royal suite 95. It seems like a really great cage and definately something I'd be interesting in purchasing for my future ratties.

It's also been suggested to me on here that the Little Zoo Venturer is a good option too. But it's not one I've heard much about and finding info or videos about it is prooving fruitless. Does anyone have one of these to comment?

Particulary interested in if it can be set up without the middle without any modding or leaving large gaps. One thing that struck me about the srs too is that although it's a big cage, it didn't feel that huge (maybe that was just my friends 'cuddly' boys in it :D ) so I'd probably like the option at least in turning it into a triple if I had one and could pick up a 2nd cheap. I don't know if I'd have this option with the venturer, but then again it's naturally a bit taller.

I basically feel like the srs is a safer option, but I'm drawn to the venturer none the less. Im also open to looking at other options, as I'm not in any great rush. Any thoughts on the best cage of this type? Or even if you had a complete wild card!

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Venturer v srs and similar

Post by cyber ratty » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 am

I haven't met a venturer, but Jemma has made a triple, but the top third is a separate cage (it's very tall!). It doesn't have a grill across the middle, so the middle tray can just be lifted out to open the cage up. She, and other people who now have it seem very happy with the cage.

link to a seller

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:16 pm

cyber ratty wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 am
link to a seller
There's apparently a discount code currently at that shop as well, should you decide to go for that cage: AFFVB10WS
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

Feolthanos

Post by Feolthanos » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 am

cyber ratty wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 am
I haven't met a venturer, but Jemma has made a triple, but the top third is a separate cage (it's very tall!). It doesn't have a grill across the middle, so the middle tray can just be lifted out to open the cage up. She, and other people who now have it seem very happy with the cage.

link to a seller
Good to know that others are happy with the venturer. I am leaning towards it.
The triple idea is just an idea (I always like to have options!) so also good to know that it can be achieved too.

LeapingRat

Post by LeapingRat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:37 am

Also Looking at the Venturer, though hardly anywhere seems to sell it! does anyone know how it compares to the SRS for stability and "build quality" ?
Mostly I like it for the trays though I suppose they can be made for the SRS!
Dexter,Rascal,Moony,Padfoot,Prongs,Albus,Dobby <3

Return to “Habitat”