advice on urine test

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
Kesjo

advice on urine test

Post by Kesjo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:34 am

hi guys,

today i have tested the urine from 2 of my 4 males with a dip stick. i am seeing a lot of pee lately, very wet toliet in the morning, no smell or anything.

my 14month old rat has chronic uri, he has been on AB 3 times, last course about a month ago for 4 weeks, it always clears during treatment, but keeps coming back after about a month since stopping treatment. since about 2 weeks he is eating a lot and gaining weight. he only seems to care about food food food lately, he also chews more on stuff. he seems happy and healthy otherwise.

my 22 month male Kees, is just slowing down a bit. his coat seems a bit thinner and messier, he sleeps more, but is happy and healthy otherwise.

the urine tests gave me this results:

Kees
glu 0
leu +
nit 0
pro +
ery 0/+

Sjaak
glu 0
leu +
nit +
pro +
ery 0

what to think of this? i will test them again in the weekend.

Kesjo

Re: advice on urine test

Post by Kesjo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:07 am

i think Sjaak might have a urine tract infection and maybe also some kidney problems looking at the results?
Kees i think it might be old age kidney problems....

i will test them again the next few days and if things stay this way i will find them a good vet.
problem is, i have to rely on help from others to take me to a vet because of my own health problems, travelling is inpossible to do on my own.

Kesjo

Re: advice on urine test

Post by Kesjo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:49 am

Update. I did some new tests the past days,on all my 4rats.
The two young boys show no abnormalities.
The 22month old and 14 month old both showed some higer protein, and urine ph 8 and 6,5.

I started to feed some hill's k/d by hand to the older males, and i add some flaxseedoil, easy mover and ipakitine on the kibble. I give this twice daily to them.
Will see how this works out for them.

What do you think about the urine ph? The ph 8 is from the oldest male who i already started on ipakitine 2 days ago.

Return to “Health”