Vet or not?

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
Cateytatey

Vet or not?

Post by Cateytatey » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:19 am

Hi,
We had two darling rats and one passed in January. She possibly had a stroke. I took her to the vet and she was put to sleep, it was heartbreaking. She was two and a half and had had operations to remove tumours. Her sister has survived these last few months well. I’ve worried about her being lonely but she spent most of the time with me as I’ve been working from home.
Yesterday she wouldn’t eat or drink and is visibly frail, and failing. Her breath is laboured and she can barely move.
Oh the tears as I write this.
This may seem lime a stupid question but I have a vet appointment for 9am this morning. Would it be kinder to take her and let them ease her passing or as she doesn’t seem distressed should I keep her with me and allow her to go in her own time?
Thanks,
Catey x

Cateytatey

Re: Vet or not?

Post by Cateytatey » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:13 am

Update, I called the vet and they recommended coming in, in case she was in pain. The vet was lovely and said she was having respiratory problems as she passed and if I took her home she would basically suffocate so of course we said goodbye to her at the vets and she will be buried with her sister this afternoon.
Catey 💔

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Vet or not?

Post by cyber ratty » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:31 pm

So sorry to read this, but it's fortunate you were able to help her go comfortably. :cry:

Return to “Health”